Friday, June 15, 2007

Interpretations



I posted this painting of mine, as my Orkut profile pic sometime back and since then I've been collecting its interpretations from various people. Most of them are quiet technical, quite natural, knowing that most of my friends have an engineering background. Some are imaginative, some hilarious! But whats exciting about it is... the way different eyes can conceive it and associate so many different meanings with it!
Here's a list of them ranked according to their frequency (not putting in my original thought when I made it. Most of you know it by now) Enjoy...
  1. An idiotic painting (very true! :D)
  2. Cupboard (crude, quite close though)
  3. Building with bricks (carried away a bit by the presentation)
  4. Some carpentry (influenced by colors and texture probably)
  5. Pillars (due to line strokes I guess)
  6. Painted Glass hues (quite artistic)
  7. Boat/Ship upturned (wild thought..quite interesting though)
  8. Bamboos (hehehe...that was awesome!)
  9. Sofa - top view (engineer's mind... or is it someone lost in furniture world :P)
  10. Old 1950's radio, with wooden legs and a broken antenna (thats interesting again)
  11. Top view of a sloping roof house with the sun's reflection coming directly on top (I am really not sure if I understand 'sun's reflection...' :P)
  12. With head tilted to the right, looks like a factory with chimneys, surrounded by a yellow wall - some German factory (people like to tilt a lot...)
  13. Radiator of a car (No clue..)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sridhar Iyer said...

I guessed it right on closer inspection. The pic on orkut was too small..

11:30 PM  
Blogger Tickle Mania said...

aaha.. finally a blog that looks wierd-less..

why wud u care about what ppl opine ? intrigues me..

10:25 AM  
Blogger zero-state said...

"wierd-less" :D
Was that a serious question...or....??
As I said whats interesting here is how a single visual representation can mean so many different things to different people...it kind of gives an insight into one's mind....I feel so...

12:22 AM  
Blogger Shivani said...

First thought that came to my mind is of a wooden door waiting to be opened for a long time.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Performancing